Why should you start a diet diary? The answer is very simple. When you are planning to start any diet it is very important to make a plan and to know what your goal is. Go and stand before the mirror and imagine how the new you should look. That is the moment when you should start your diet diary. Write down how much your current weight is and the weight you want to achieve.
The first week of your diet should be facing the truth. Write down everything you eat, drink and the exercise you do for the whole week. Don’t be modest but be honest to your diet diary and to yourself! This is the only way you can make your diet work.
Once the week is over, sit down and take a good look at those pages. There will be more surprises than you can imagine and finally you will see where those extra calories are coming from. Recognize and admit to yourself where you went wrong and answer these questions: Do I eat too much? Do I eat healthy? Do I exercise enough?
Once you answer those questions, you will know where the extra calories are coming from. Now it is time to take the next step. Turn to the next page in your diet diary and start writing a plan.
* Start by making a weekly food plan. Choose healthy foods for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Include fruits, vegetables and fiber in your diet.
* Schedule your daily exercises. Start with 10 minutes a day and build up slowly to 30 minutes a day.
* If you are uncertain about what healthy food is and how to go about your exercises, you should consult a specialist.
* Check your results on a weekly basis. But keep in mind when you are on a diet and also doing exercises, you will lose body fat but your muscle will build up. Which means your body weight is not decreasing as fast as you were hoping. But this is not a bad thing. Losing body fat and gaining muscle will result in a healthier body.
* Write down your progress and adjust if you need to.
* If you are gaining weight look for causes.
Keep in mind that once you have reached your goal, don’t go back to your old habits. Keep eating healthy and keep doing those exercises. That will keep you in shape so you will never need to go on any diet ever again.… Read More